- Authors unknown
- you cannot make someone love you; all you
can do is be someone who can be loved and the
rest is up to them.
- no matter how much I care, some people just
don't care back.
- it takes years to build up trust, and only
seconds to destroy it.
- it's not what you have in your life, but who
you have in your life that counts.
- you can get by on charm for about fifteen
minutes--after that, you'd better know
- you shouldn't compare yourself to the best
others can do.
- it's not what happens to people that's
important, it's what they do about it.
- you can do something in an instant that will
give you heartache for life.
- no matter how thin you slice it, there are
always two sides.
- it's taking me a long time to become the
person I want to be.
- it's a lot easier to react than it is to
- you should always leave loved ones with
loving words; it may be the last time you see
- you can keep going long after you think you
- we are responsible for what we do, no matter
how we feel.
- either you control your attitude, or it
- regardless of how hot and steamy a
relationship is at first, the passion fades, and
there had better be something else to take its
- heroes are the people who do what has to be
done, when it needs to be done, regardless of
- learning to forgive takes practice.
- there are people who love you dearly, but
just don't know how to show it.
- money is a lousy way of keeping score.
- my best friend and I can do anything, or
nothing ... and have the best time.
- sometimes the people you expect to kick you
when you're down, will be the ones to help you
get back up.
- sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to
be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to
- true friendship continues to grow, even over
the longest distance--same goes for true
- just because someone doesn't love you the
way you want them to, it doesn't mean they don't
love you with all they have.
- maturity has more to do with what types of
experiences you've had, and what you've learned
from them, and less to do with how many
birthdays you've celebrated.
- you should never tell a child their dreams
are unlikely or outlandish; few things are more
humiliating, and what a tragedy it'd be if they
- your family won't always be there for you;
it may seem funny, but people you aren't related
to can take care of you , love you and teach you
to trust people again--families aren't
- no matter how good a friend is, they're
going to hurt you every once in a while, and you
must forgive them for that.
- it isn't always enough to be forgiven by
others; sometimes you have to learn to forgive
- no matter how bad your heart is broken, the
world doesn't stop for your grief.
- our backgrounds and circumstances may have
influenced who we are, but we are responsible
for who we become.
- sometimes when my friends fight, I'm forced
to choose sides, even when I don't want to.
- just because two people argue, it doesn't
mean they don't love each other; and just
because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they
- sometimes you have to put the individual
ahead of their actions.
- we don't have to change friends if we
understand that friends change.
- you shouldn't be so eager to find out a
secret; it could change your life forever.
- two people can look at the exact same thing
and see something totally different.
- no matter how you try to protect your
children, they will eventually get hurt... and
you will hurt in the process.
- there are many ways of falling and staying
- no matter the consequences, those who are
honest with themselves get farther in life.
- no matter how many friends you have, if you
are their pillar, you will feel lonely and lost
at the times you need them most.
- your life can be changed in a matter of
hours, by people who don't even know you.
- even when you think you have no more to
give, when a friend cries out to you, you will
find the strength to help.
- writing, as well as talking, can ease
- the paradigm we live in is not all that is
offered to us.
- credentials on the wall do not make you a
decent human being.
- the people you care most about in life are
taken from you too soon.
- although the word "love" can have many
different meanings, it loses value when overly
- it's hard to determine where to draw the
line between being nice and not hurting people's
feelings, and standing up for what you
- the best classroom in the world is at the
feet of an elderly person.
- when you're in love, it shows.
- just one person saying to me, "You've made
my day!" makes my day.
- I feel better about myself when I make
others feel better about themselves.
- having a child fall asleep in your arms is
one of the most peaceful feelings in the
- what we have done for ourselves alone dies
with us; what we have done for others and the
world remains and is immortal.
- one sincere apology is worth more than all
the roses money can buy.
- words harshly spoken are as difficult to
retrieve as feathers in a gale.
- being kind is more important than being
- you should never say no to a gift from a
- no matter how serious your life requires you
to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy
- sometimes all a person needs is a hand to
hold and a heart to understand.
- simple walks with my mother around the block
on summer nights when I was a child did wonders
for me as an adult.
- life is like a roll of toilet paper--the
closer it gets to the end, the faster it
- money doesn't buy class.
- it's those small daily happenings that make
life so spectacular.
- once a relationship is over, if you
experienced more smiles than tears, then it
wasn't a waste of time.
- under everyone's hard shell is someone who
wants to be appreciated and loved.
- one shouldn't humiliate another person;
always give him an honourable way to back down
or out of something and still save face.
- if you are still talking about what you did
yesterday, you haven't done much today.
- to ignore the facts does not change the
- when you plan to get even with someone, you
are only letting that person continue to hurt
- you view other people's children in a whole
different light when you have some of your
- the older I get, the smarter my parents
- love, not time, heals all wounds.
- the easiest way for me to grow as a person
is to surround myself with people smarter than I
- I always think of the right thing to say
when it's too late.
- the fire of a past love will always burn
with a small flame.
- even at the age of forty-two, you can still
feel like a twelve year old child when your
mother is talking to you.
- no matter what their ages or how far away
they may be, you never stop wanting to keep a
protective arm around your children.
- crumbs thrown my way should be gathered
because they soon form a lovely, thick slice of
life and memories.
- the kind of adults my children are now is
directly related to the kind of children I
continually told them they were.
- everyone you meet deserves to be greeted
with a smile.
- there's nothing sweeter than sleeping with
your babies and feeling their breath on your
- no one is perfect until you fall in love
- life is tough, but I'm tougher.
- opportunities are never lost; someone will
take the ones you miss.
- there is nothing better than my dog waiting
for me on the front porch, wagging his tail when
I get home.
- when you harbour bitterness, happiness will
- I wish I could have told my brother that I
love him one more time before he passed
- it is just as wrong to be rude to a child as
to an adult; in fact, it may be more
- one should keep his words both soft and
tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat
- a smile is an inexpensive way to improve
- I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose
what I do about it.
- a peacock today may be a feather duster
- when your newly born grandchild holds your
little finger in his little fist, that you're
hooked for life.
- those who reach their goals too easily have
aimed too low.
- everyone wants to live on top of the
mountain, but all the happiness and growth
occurs while you're climbing it.
- stain resistant carpet will stain.
- it is best to give advice in only two
circumstances: when it is requested and
when it is a life-threatening situation.
- a good friend is the one who tells you how
you really look in your jeans.
- the less time I have to work with, the more
things I get done.
- I should cherish all my memories, even the
bad ones, for they are the "bricks and mortar"
of who I am.